Thursday, December 28, 2006

Ringing in a New Year

As cliche as it is, I've always made New Year's resolutions, and this year's no different. It never hurts to think that the slate can be wiped clean on bad intentions, annoying habits and start afresh with the dawning of January 1st.

Ellen has her Life List and so shall I.

For 2007, I resolve to:

  • Breathe more, react less.
  • Play outside as much as possible.
  • Handwrite notes of encouragement, no matter how sappy people think it is to do so.
  • Take care of myself even when life's treadmill speeds starts to speed up.
  • Reconnect with old friends.
  • Take time to be grateful each day.
Places I'd like to visit in 2007:

  • More high mountain peaks on foot
  • New York, of course
  • Somewhere warm when it's cold here.
So who's going to keep me accountable?

2 Comments:

At 5:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for your card. one of the "old friends" you should reconnect with in 2007 is stanley. would be great to see you. we have lots of room and boats, etc., (at least after the water comes back up). give us a call sometime and let's set up something definite for the summer (or this winter if you want to ski).

 
At 3:37 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Those are great resolutions! Just getting into the swing of physical activities myself... I'm hoping to get the stepper indoors this weekend.
Great ideas and good luck!
Norma, Staff @ BCT

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home